First Aid Training
First Aid Training Courses
First Aid at Work
Duration of course: 3 Days - 9.00-17.00
Who is course for: Those requiring training for advanced levels of hazards or where there is a need to provide additional training, covering a wider syllabus of conditions and treatments.
- Introduction to First Aid, the aims and priorities of treatment.
- Resuscitation, flow chart, chain of survival, CPR
- Unconsciousness, definition and causes, recovery position, head injuries, stroke, life threatening conditions.
- Airway and breathing problems, choking, anaphylaxis, asthma and croup, drowning, chest injuries, hyperventilation.
- Circulation problems, angina, heart attack, shock, fainting.
- Wounds and bleeding, hygiene, blood loss, nosebleed, eye injury, amputation, internal bleeding.
- Poisons, burns and scalds.
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints.
- Effects of heat and cold.
- Other serious conditions, diabetes, epilepsy, seizures, febrile convulsions.
- Employer's responsibilities, first aid kits, assessments, reporting incidents, accident book.
First Aid at Work (Refresher)
Duration of course: 2 Days - 9.00-17.00
Who is course for: For those who need to renew their First Aid Certificate.
- The course aims to update and refresh the first aider's knowledge and skills of the First Aid at Work syllabus. Individuals must possess a valid First Aid at Work certificate.
Emergency First Aid at Work
Duration of course: 1 Days - 9.00-17.00
Who is course for: This course is designed for minimum level first aid training in a low risk working environment.
- First aid regulation, aims and principles
- Priorities of first aid
- Management of an accident
- Action at an emergency
- Assessing and treating casualties who are wounded (bleeding, burns, bone injuries).
- Common workplace injuries.
Qualification: For successful candidates a First Aid Certificate is awarded which is valid for three years.
To find out more information about our First Aid courses please contact us directly. Our first aid courses can be tailored to your personal requirements or needs.